User: Password:
Subscribe / Log in / New account

It is called "plutocracy"

It is called "plutocracy"

Posted May 17, 2013 16:44 UTC (Fri) by Funcan (subscriber, #44209)
In reply to: It is called "plutocracy" by man_ls
Parent article: Strongbox and Aaron Swartz (The New Yorker)

Realistically, moneyed interests already have a far greater influence on our government than the man in the street. Even millions strong public protests have very little effect on government policy. We're therefore in some sort of hybrid democracy/plutocracy, and since it appears that every capitalist society is heading towards the same thing to some degree or another, is it not unreasonable to describe this as 'capitalist government', if it is a unique sort of government that comes from, and only from, a capitalist society?

(Log in to post comments)

Copyright © 2017, Eklektix, Inc.
Comments and public postings are copyrighted by their creators.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds