1. git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git
#then if you're on a debian distribution (or why aren't you??)
2. make clean
3. make mrproper
4. make localmodconfig (at least the first time)
5. make-kpkg clean
6. fakeroot make-kpkg --initrd kernel_image kernel_headers
7. dpkg -i linux-headers.x.y.z*custom.deb
8. dpkg -i linux-image.x.y.z*custom.deb
9. shutdown -r now
applying any patches before step#6. (baddaboom-baddabing)
Copyright © 2017, Eklektix, Inc.
Comments and public postings are copyrighted by their creators.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds