User: Password:
|
|
Subscribe / Log in / New account

Minutes from the Ubuntu Technical Board meeting

From:  Colin Watson <cjwatson-AT-ubuntu.com>
To:  ubuntu-devel-announce-AT-lists.ubuntu.com
Subject:  Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2010-01-12
Date:  Mon, 18 Jan 2010 14:07:39 +0000
Message-ID:  <20100118140739.GT22948@riva.ucam.org>
Archive-link:  Article

Technical Board meeting, 2010-01-12

= Attendees =

 * Colin Watson (chair)
 * Kees Cook
 * Mark Shuttleworth
 * Martin Pitt
 * Matt Zimmerman

= Notes =

 * Prior action review, leaves the following still to do:
  * [ACTION] kees to follow up with Debian TC on units policy
  * [ACTION] cjwatson to follow up with mythbuntu-dev to get
    ubuntu-core-dev added
  * [ACTION] ScottK to update Kubuntu/UpdatesPolicy based on Kubuntu
    upstream feedback (cf.
    http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Minor_Point_Release_Poli...)
  * [ACTION] sabdfl to propose to CC that the TB is a CC delegate, and
    clarify his role

 * Units Policy
  * We discussed briefly whether to recommend that developers go ahead
    with implementation in advance of feedback from the Debian TC.  The
    majority of the board preferred to wait for at least a while, since
    we've requested feedback and should wait for it, and since the
    benefit may not outweigh the cost of carrying another stack of
    patches.
  * Check back on status next meeting.

 * When is it a good idea to fail out of a maintainer script?
   (MattZimmerman)
  * While there is loose agreement that "something ought to be done"
    about this, the technical options are not yet clear enough to decide
    something at the TB level.  Shelving for the moment; mdz will bring
    this up on ubuntu-devel if and when he gets the chance to put
    together some detailed options.

 * Execute Permission Policy (KeesCook)
  * After some discussion, the TB ratified this policy
    (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Policies#Execute-Per...)
    conditional on detailed feedback from the desktop team, including
    the unresolved question of what happens to existing handlers on
    upgrade.  Mark's +1 was on the condition that we will have time to
    iterate implementation before Lucid or pull it entirely if it
    doesn't work out.

 * Check up on community bugs (standing item)
  * The only item already has an associated action.

 * Next meeting is 2010-01-26.  Chair: Keybuk

-- 
Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson@ubuntu.com]
-- 
ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list
ubuntu-devel-announce@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel-an...


(Log in to post comments)


Copyright © 2010, Eklektix, Inc.
Comments and public postings are copyrighted by their creators.
Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds