TCP window scaling and broken routers
Posted Jan 18, 2010 10:49 UTC (Mon) by PolyPeter
Parent article: TCP window scaling and broken routers
- I have developed web application, now with more than 1000 members.
- The web application runs on my own server with Linux Redhat.
- The members can upload images (jpeg) to a gallery.
- 3 members complain that they cannot upload images. On other web pages they can upload images just fine. They all have a Windows Vista machine.
- The upload works just fine from the members network if they use Windows XP.
- When uploading we have tested with af flash component where its possible to follow the uploaded bytes. The upload stops running at app. 64KB every time (64KB is described in the article!).
- Other members with a Windows Vista machine does not have a similar problem
A partial solution
- The upload problem only exist if the member have a broken router and at the same time have OS where TCP Window Scaling is enabled by default (for example Vista)
After I found this article i tryed did this:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling
After I did that, it solved the problem for one
of the members! But only one. The two other members still have the problem...
Now I wonder what else I should do?
to post comments)