There are currently three ways to get LWN's headlines in a form suitable
for inclusion on another page:
- LWN headlines are available in the RDF Site
Summary (RSS) format at http://lwn.net/headlines/rss.
This is an XML-based format which contains quite a bit of information.
- The headlines are available as a collection of links, one per line, at
This file can be included directly, or preprocessed prior to use as
your site's needs dictate. All of the current LWN daily headlines are
found in this file.
- Finally, the headlines are available as a simple delimited text file
Successive entries are separated by a line containing only
'&&'. There are three lines (currently) in each
entry containing the headline text, the URL, and the category and
Beyond headlines, we offer some other feeds:
- Recently-posted comments (to all articles) can be followed at http://lwn.net/headlines/Comments.
Append "?n=#" to get more or less than the default number of
comments (50), where, of course, "#" is the number you actually want.
- LWN original content which appears on the front page as
"featured content" is tracked in the feed at http://lwn.net/headlines/Features.
- RSS feads for comments to specific articles are available as well; see
the pointers in the metadata of the articles themselves.
For the sake of our server bandwidth, please do not load the headlines more
than, say, once every fifteen minutes.