|| ||[Announce] Emulex lpfcdriver v8.0.9 available|
|| ||Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:07:51 -0400|
We posted the 8.0.9 lpfc driver on SourceForge last week.
Of the more notable changes that have occurred over the last few drops:
- Applied Christoph's patches for proc info, memory allocation routines, and bld_scsi_cmd dead code.
- Removed lun handling. Removed code that replicated midlayer functions, issued report luns, did partial VSA, had unnecessary data structures, etc.
- Reworked the clock/timer handling per Christoph's comments.
- Reworked driver parameters per Christoph's comments.
- Use the SCSI host lock instead of our own adapter lock
- Fixed the reset_bus and reset_device routines. Send "Reset LUN" for reset_device requests.
- More cleanup: condensing routines, removing casts and dead code, etc.
The ChangeLogs have more detail.
To date, the known todos are:
- Use mid-layer I/O timers
- No Peeking into timer structures
- Need to get approvals on all the clock changes, parameter changes, etc.
- Add calls to scan functions on new device detection, remove_device on device loss.
- Add interfaces to support managability.
-- James S
The tarball is here:
The full ChangeLog is on SourceForge:
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-scsi" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html