|| ||Lars Lindner <lars.lindner-AT-gmx.net>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: Liferea 0.5.2|
|| ||Fri, 23 Jul 2004 04:09:44 +0200|
Liferea (Linux Feed Reader) is a fast, easy to use, and easy to install
GNOME news aggregator for online news feeds. It supports a number of
different feed formats including RSS/RDF, CDF, Atom, OCS, and OPML.
* 0.5.1 did falsely encode HTTP URL hash marks as %23.
This is fixed now. (Lars Lindner)
* When a feed source command is executed a useful return
code is set so it won't be unavailable due to missing
status information. (Christophe Barbe)
* A middle mouse click on the itemlist now toggles
read status or the headline flag depending on the
column you click. (Lars Lindner)
* Now favicons that are older than one month are
automatically updated (Lars Lindner)
* The search result now provides an extra column with
the favicon of the feed the found headline belongs to.
* The mozilla browser module now respects the configured
proxy settings. (Lars Lindner)
* Feed and item information is now properly localized.
(Lars Lindner and Nathan Conrad)
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BREAKS FEED CACHE
DOWNWARD COMPATIBILITY WITH OLDER RELEASES!
WHEN YOU FALLBACK YOU WON'T SEE THE METADATA
OF ALL NEWLY AQUIRED HEADLINES. ALSO USING
OLDER VERSIONS OF LIFEREA WILL STRIP THE
METADATA INFORMATION FROM THE FEED CACHE!
* Popup menu for the systray icon. (James Bowes)
* Improvements for the favicon handling. favicon.ico files are now
retrieved from the webserver path where the feed is
located. favicon.ico in the webserver root is tried only if this
first attempt fails. favicons are now redownloaded every 30
days. (Lars Lindner & Nathan Conrad)
* Liferea now saves when the mainwindow is maximized.
* The gnomevfs2 dependency from GtkHTML2 was removed.
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)