|| ||"Sacha Faust" <email@example.com>|
|| ||<firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>|
|| ||Metis 1.4.1 released|
|| ||Thu, 29 Aug 2002 02:31:47 -0400|
Here is the 1.4.1 release of Metis. This release fix the report bug left by
stupidity in the 1.4.0 that was not caught by the testers. Thanks to all
that emailed me regarding this.
Metis 1.4.1 is now available from : http://www.severus.org/sacha/metis
This is a tool I wrote to collect information from web servers.
This was written for the Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTM)
located on http://www.ideahamster.org/osstmm-description.htm.
If you get OutOfMemory errors, it means that the site you are scanning is
quite big and you need to
grow the heap size by using the -Xms<size> option. By default, the metis.bat
will set it to 150.
Please read the user documentation in the doc directory.
[ Changes in version 1.4.1 - 08-29-2002 ]
- removed small problem in 1.4.0
[ Changes in version 1.4.0 - 08-23-2002 ]
- support for multiple spider in parallel (see: -l option )
- support for adding files or folders in elements to spider (see: -F option)
- adding support to look for emails in specific domains (see: -E option)
- detection of domain users found in the site
- support for redirects inside the same domain.
- added mor bugfix and error handling.
- Distributed Spidering across multiple systems
- Starting support for Flash content (this was suppose to be in 1.3 but got
If you wish to contribute to this project, e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for compiling
- HttpClient : http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/
You need to replace the org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod
with the one supplided with the source of this program.
- Sun JDK 1.4.0 or higher: http://java.sun.com
to post comments)