A look at Firefox 0.9
Posted Jun 10, 2004 21:38 UTC (Thu) by Klavs
Parent article: A look at Firefox 0.9
I'm a (almost) happy user of Firefox 0.8 - I'm hoping for
1) kde actually restarting firefox - instead of mozilla - when it saves the session (KDE gets everything else right - so I don't know whose to blaim KDE or Firefox).
2) A bit more resillient extensions - wrong permissions on extensions, and installation in anything else than the common extensionsdir makes it crash horribly for me. Luckily after some forum digging it works quite well now :)
3) a Bug fix of the Password manager - I once entered the password wrong - and then just choose cancel - it then deleted ALL passwords saved.
- more over - it does not support saving a password pr. URL - so when I have f.ex. mysite.dk/somestuff/ and mysite.dk/otherstuff/ with different usernames and/or passwords - it doesn't remember them seperately and I can find no option/extension for this :(
4) For some reason my webbank does not work properly - links in one frame to another makes it open the frame in which the link is - in another window - instead of just doing as it is suppose to - luckily I have backup browsers for that purpose :)
Even with all these annoying bugs - its still the best browser around :)
I haven't reported these as bugs (althought I usually always do on projects) but I figured they were so obvious so they must have been reported already.
if any one knows if they are or not - let me know - and I'll report them :)
p.s. who needs an installer when you're running Gentoo Linux ;)
to post comments)