|| ||Neil Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: mdadm 1.6.0 - A tool for managing Soft RAID under Linux|
|| ||Fri, 4 Jun 2004 16:29:14 +1000|
I am pleased to announce the availability of
mdadm version 1.6.0
It is available at
as a source tar-ball and (at the first site) as an SRPM, and as an RPM for i386.
mdadm is a tool for creating, managing and monitoring
device arrays using the "md" driver in Linux, also
known as Software RAID arrays.
Release 1.6.0 adds:
- --grow which (in 2.6.7-rc1-mm1 and hopefully 2.6.8) allows raid1/4/5/6
arrays to change the active size of the underlying devices, and allows
raid1 arrays to change the number of active drives.
- Allows --build to buld raid1 and multipath arrays.
- adds "degraded" and "recovering" as possibilities for the status line
- fixes a bug in 1.5.0 which stopped resync status messages from being
generated in --monitor mode
- Further support for partitionable arrays included "--auto=" option
and "auto=" config file entry which instructs mdadm to create the necessary
device files after allocating an unused array number.
- assorted minor fixes and improvements.
Development of mdadm is sponsored by CSE@UNSW:
The School of Computer Science and Engineering
The University of New South Wales
NeilBrown 4 Jun 2004
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-raid" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html