|| ||John Goerzen <jgoerzen-AT-complete.org>|
|| ||debian-devel-AT-lists.debian.org, debian-amd64-AT-lists.debian.org|
|| ||New DFS image available|
|| ||Wed, 26 May 2004 15:02:50 -0500|
An updated DFS is available at http://people.debian.org/~jgoerzen/dfs/.
Since my initial announcement, the changes are these:
* New amd64 kernel name to fix a compatibility problem with
cdebootstrap. Have now verified that cdebootstrap for amd64
works in addition to cdebootstrap for i386.
* New amd64 kernel compiles SCSI SATA support as modules instead of
directly to permit users to use the IDE SATA support.
* New packages on ISO. Partial list: udftools mdadm gnupg screen
ircii lsof subversion grep-dctrl kernel-patch-reiser4
* Fixed /etc/mtab, so df now works
* Some more docs.
* .deb of dfsbuild now available (package submitted to incoming, too)
* Updated amd64 packages collection.
* No longer auto-detect hardware on boot. Login message now tells user
how to do that by running hotplug or discover.
* Clearer startup messages.
Binary rdiff deltas are available to update your existing 0.5.0 image to
the new one (tagged 0.6.2).
In addition, dfsbuild has had these internal changes:
* Modularized bootloader code to support non-i386 archs or other
bootloaders on i386.
* Support for several new config file options.
* Updated to work better when installed systemwide from a .deb.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
to post comments)