|| ||greg compestine <email@example.com>|
|| ||ANNOUNCE: The ELJ Project announces the release of ELJ 0.3; Open source Projects and API Bindings for Eiffel|
|| ||Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:29:59 -0700 (PDT)|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THE ELJ PROJECT ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF ELJ 0.3, OPEN
SOURCE PROJECTS AND LIBRARY BINDINGS FOR EIFFEL
Australia -- August 17, 2002. The ELJ Project is
pleased to announce the release of version 0.3.
The ELJ Project has been making rapid progress in
developing new library bindings and applications in
the last few months. In fact, even though it's only
been a few weeks since the 0.2 release, enough has
changed to justify a 0.3 release.
Many of the libraries and applications either run on
Linux or have that potential. The ELJ project is
actively recruiting Linux programmers.
Among the recent changes:
* All standard wxWindows dialogs have been
implemented, along with IPC classes.
* Device context related classes are now
* Support for the SQLite RDBMS engine.
* The addition of the Perlish library.
* Improved examples, and more of them.
The Perlish library adds Perl-like functionality to
the Eiffel language. It includes analogs to some
common Perl operators like <> and $_ as well as
globbing, simple report formatting, and the ability to
spawn child processes with redirected I/O between
parent and child.
The ELJ Project supports several applications,
relational databases, native libraries and bindings to
* ELJ GIRLS -- a CRM, especially for Software
companies, based on wxWindows and Firebird.
* SeBench -- an IDE for SmallEiffel.
* XmlViewer -- based on ELJ and Gobo
* PVSW -- a management tool for a Pervasive
* Numerous examples for the wxWindows and database
* ePCRE -- an Eiffel port of PCRE, the Perl
* Perlish -- a library that provides some Perl
functionality to Eiffel programs
* Berkely DB (SleepyCat)
* Btrieve (Pervasive SQL2000)
* Win32 API
* OpenGL (proof of concept only)
For more information about the ELJ project, visit:
For more information about the SmallEiffel compiler,
For more information on the Gobo project, visit:
Do You Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
to post comments)