|| ||"Andrew Vasquez" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] QLogic FC Driver for Linux 6.01b4 Released.|
|| ||Wed, 14 Aug 2002 17:14:15 -0700|
The following made it to the linux-kernel list, but did not
seem to appear on linux-scsi.
QLogic is pleased to announce the 6.01b4 release of its qla2xxx driver for
ISP2100/ISP22xx/ISP23xx chips and HBAs.
Major improvements from the 5.3x driver series include:
o Robust and stable failover implementation
o Fast-path cleanup
o Support for the new error-handling routines
o Report-luns scan
o ISP2342 support
o IP via FC support (RFC 2625)
o ISP2100 support.
o 64bit DMA addressing
o Remove virt_to_bus/kmalloc --> pci_* routines
o Memory mapped I/O support
o General code-sanitizing
- locking structures
- queue structures
- extraneous NOP *LOCK/UNLOCK macros
- remove old EH routines
- remove serial console routines
The 6.xx series driver supports kernels 2.4.x and above ONLY, and contains most
of Arjan van de Ven's (Redhat) changes made to the 5.31 driver.
A side note regarding ISP2100 support: QLogic has formally retired the QLA2100
card and will *not* provide technical support for these chips and HBAs. The
initial 6.xx series drivers were stripped of ISP2100 card recognition. The
current ISP2100 support was forward-ported from 5.3x. From an engineering
standpoint, any patches or fixes for the ISP2100 will be considered.
The driver distribution can be downloaded at:
The distribution contains three main components:
qla2x00src-vX.YY.tgz -- The FC/SCSI driver
qla2xipsrc-vM.NN.tgz -- The IP network driver
qlapi-P.QQ-rel.tgz -- The SNIA API library
Changes since 6.01b2 distribution:
- Remove qla_dbg.h and qla_def.h files from driver
- Remove all virt_to_* calls in both SCSI/IP driver sources.
- 64bit DMA addressing through dma_addr_t.
- Cleanup structure names/member variables from IP sources.
- Add QL_DEBUG_LEVEL_12 for IP debugging.
- Add transmission timeout callback for IP driver.
- Enable SRAM, Instruction RAM and GP RAM parity checks on
- Display all luns recognized by driver in /proc, not just
SCSI mid-layer scanned luns. Luns not scanned by the mid-
layer are marked with an asterisk (*).
- Add FC_SUPPORT_RPT_LUNS flag to the struct fc_port.flags.
Set, if the device supported the report luns command.
- Increase Inquiry request buffer to 36 rather than 4. Some
target devices have problems with the small transfer.
- Fix assignment of current_speed during an asyncronous event
MBA_LOOP_UP. Improper connection speed was being reported
to EXIOCTs and IP driver.
- Add ISP2100 support:
- QLogic provides no support for the ISP2100.
- compiled binary name qla2100.o.
- Forward-port chip support from 5.[2|3]x series driver.
- Update Makefile.kernel and Config.in.
- add new 2100 TP firmware (1.19.24).
- Fix copy-error in qla2x00_fo_get_params() where the
qla_fo_params notification CDB would be zero'd-out.
- Fix kernel-oops when DEBUG level 5 is enabled and a command
is sent to a non-existent lun.
- Fix in-kernel compilation problem (Veritas).
- Remove superfluous KMALLOC*/KMFREE/BZERO/BCOPY/
BCMP/qla_bcopy defines and functions.
- Remove unused ql_list_link structures and functions.
- Consistent use of copy_to/from_user() functions (RH).
- Consistent use of scsi_qla_host_t instead of
several aliases (RH).
- Remove illegal usage of caddr_t (RH).
- Remove Target-Mode support from driver.
- Cleanup qla_fo.c file:
- Remove old debugging code.
- General sanitizing.
- Cleanup compiler warnings during debug builds.
- Add new 2300 IP/TP firmware (3.01.13).
- Requires v6.01b4 SCSI driver.
- Add completion status to send and receive control buffers.
- Add support for specifying the MTU (mtu) and Receive
buffers count (buffers) on the modules command line.
- Add NETIF_F_HIGHDMA to the device feature flags if 64bit
DMA addressing possible.
- Add tx_timeout() implementation.
- Add display of link connection speed during initialization.
- Fix race in qla2xip_free_send_cb().
- Remove all virt_to_* calls in driver sources.
- 64bit DMA addressing through dma_addr_t.
- Use system-defined structures for network/ethernet
- Use hton/ntoh functions.
- Cleanup structure names/member variables.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-scsi" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html