|| ||blackie-AT-kde.org (Jesper K. Pedersen)|
|| ||KimDaBa version 1.1 released.|
|| ||14 Feb 2004 17:45:52 +0100|
KDE Image Database version 1.1 release
KimDaBa is an application for managing large amounts of images (we are
talking about hundreds, thousands or even tens of thousands here). With
KimDaBa you specify in an easy and very fast way which person is on each image, where
its taken etc. Later these information is used when you search for
images or when you simply browse around in your collection of images.
That way its possible to find all the images you have of a given person in
tens of thousands of images within seconds, for example.
KimDaBa version 1.0 was announce early December last year. Lots of
users started using KimDaBa back then, and lots of feature requested came
in. This version tries to honor the most wanted features, and thus
makes it an even more attractive application.
New in version 1.1 are:
- KimDaBa now reads image dates from EXIF information.
- Check sums are generated for the images, so the user can move them
around on disk without KimDaBa loosing tracks.
- The HTML generation has largely been improved, and is now themeable.
- Lots of polishing has been done, it is for example now possible to configure
keybindings, start external application on images, and see a large
preview of images in the thumbnail view.
- Its now possible to set desktop background from within KimDaBa
- KimDaBa has been heavily optimized, so its fast even with many
- Lots of bugs has been closed, and during development lots of users has
used weekly snapshots, which hopefully should ensure a pretty stable
For more information about KimDaBa, please have a look at its home page on
to post comments)