LinuxWorld Conference and Expo begins today in New York. Here are a few of
the announcements from the first day.
- LinuxWorld attendees are invited to
join Fedora developers for a community gathering and discussion
session on Wednesday.
- NewsForge wants to
know what they should cover at LinuxWorld.
- Wind River Executive Dave Fraser will
give at talk about "How to Make Money from Open Source".
- The Open Source Development Labs (OSDL) announced the launch of a new Desktop Linux
Working Group initiative focused on greater use of Linux on desktops
throughout the enterprise.
- SGI announced new midrange models
with "a host of 64-bit applications" and Voltaire InfiniBand solutions. SGI also launched a graphics technology initiative.
- Zultys Technologies announced a new
Linux soft phone available for download.
- CodeWeavers launched the CodeWeavers
CrossOver Compatibility Center.
- News.com reports the Red Hat
will introduce a new provisioning service for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
and a warranty,
which is part of a new project called the Open Source Assurance Program.
- The Financial Times notes
that Darl McBride will not be at LinuxWorld. (Thanks to Philip Nelson)
- Last, but not least, see eWeek's first
report from LinuxWorld.
to post comments)