|| ||Nigel Cunningham <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||swsusp-devel <email@example.com>,
Linux Kernel Mailing List <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||[PREVIEW] Announce: Software Suspend Core Patch 2.0 rc4.|
|| ||Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:41:13 +1300|
Release candidate 4 is ready for you to test and now being uploaded to
Sourceforge. It should be used with the following updated version
specific patches, which are also now available:
- 2.4.21 revision 1
- 2.4.22 revision 1
- 2.4.23 revision 5.
- 2.6.1 revision 1
Changes since rc3A:
- Fixed issues with preemption resulting in 'bad: scheduling while
atomic' messages in 2.6.
- Lots of cleanups and new documentation in the code.
- Fixed broken automatic swapon/off support. Now also used in debug_info
- Preliminary SMP support for 2.4. 2.6 support is coming.
- LZF compression (thanks to Marc Lehmann) and readahead support.
Suspend and resume in half the time!
- Fixed long standing oops when aborting during writing the image
header. Thanks to Bernard Blackham. (I would have done it eventually!)
- Serial port power management support (Thanks Michael Frank). MTRR support converted to PM
- Many other small fixes and improvements.
Further documentation is to be added and one minor quirk addressed, but codewise, I'm wondering if
this might be 2.0 by another name.
My work on Software Suspend is graciously brought to you by