|| ||"Amit S. Kale" <email@example.com>|
|| ||Linux Kernel <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
KGDB bugreports <email@example.com>,
"x86_64 discussions" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||kgdb 2.0 for kernel 2.6.0|
|| ||Wed, 7 Jan 2004 19:18:43 +0530|
I have released kgdb 2.0 for kernel 2.6.0 for i386 and x86_64 architectures at
This version of kgdb has been supported by TimeSys Corporation and Storad Inc.
It contains code from kgdb patches maintained by Andrew Morton (George
Anzinger), Andi Kleen and Jim Housten.
Significant changes since previous version:
1. This version contains three patches: architecture specific patches for i386
and x86_64 and a common patch.
2. Automatic loading of modules in gdb is available on x86_64 platform now.
Debugging of modules, including those in initrd, should be trivial with this
3. Hasslefree detach and reconnect from gdb possible on x86_64 platform also.
4. New format of kgdb kernel command line options: kgdbwait, kgdb8250.
5. Shadow thread to get backtraces lost when gdb can't go beyond do_IRQ.
6. Uses new thread list packet qf instead of qL. This fixes the thread
information loss previous versions of kgdb had.
KGDB: Linux Kernel Source Level Debugger (http://kgdb.sourceforge.net)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/