polite critique of your donations page
Posted Jul 28, 2002 17:48 UTC (Sun) by addw
Parent article: On the future of LWN
OK, you have something that is nice & easy for an individual to use. Have you thought of having an alternative that would make it easier for the corporate reader.The reader will want to put it to corporate expences & claim it, a few words can make all the difference. Things to think about in the presentation:
* Words to make it claimable to:
1) line manager/expence people
2) tax man/accountants
Things like 'subscription', etc
* Offer to send an invoice/reciept once funds have been claimed from the credit card (does not need to be paper, a PDF would be OK)
* Offer to send a reminder once a year/quarter/... - you don't want to go through this hell again in a year do you ?
* What sum will get through corporate expences without question ? I would suggest the cost of a tank of petrol (£32 for my car in the UK ~= $50).
Get the idea -- I am sure that you/readers could come up with other suggestions.
to post comments)