On the future of LWN
Posted Jul 27, 2002 17:54 UTC (Sat) by DeletedUser2857
Parent article: On the future of LWN
Consider the following..
1. your publishing costs are nil. (formatting is another matter, but you said the server is free).
2. your production costs are absolutely minimal.
3. This is a tiny magazine.
4. you don't have to market in a way that traditional magazines do.
5. all of your employees can telecommute
6. Linux is a blossoming sector of the IT industry, and this publications follows open source in general!
7. Being a popular magazine, you should be more than able to rally an ample supply of volunteer or part time writers.
We don't need a bunch of lazy fat cats whining about the mag. If you can't manage things, give it to me and I'll make a ton of money with it, redesign the site in the process, and increase readership.. Nooooo problem.
to post comments)