|| ||Takashi Iwai <email@example.com>|
|| ||[Alsa-devel] [ANN] ALSA 1.0.0pre1 is released|
|| ||Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:46:04 +0100|
as you might have already seen on the web news page, we released
1.0.0pre1 tarball. This is intended for the wide tests before the
official 1.0.0 release. We planned to release 1.0.0 (hopefully) in
this month, so please everyone test this version and give bug reports
Especially, if you have a card or a mobo with ICH (or compatible)
chip and *multiple* AC97 codecs, testing this version is appreciated.
Please give (also positive) feedback whether it works. The handling
of multiple codecs was changed recently, but not tested well because
of lack of hardware.
Important changes / fixes since 0.9.8
- joystick is configured now (again) by module options instead of
control API. see alsa-kernel/Documentation/Joystick.txt.
- the default value of cards_limit option of sound module is 1.
note that this doesn't mean that the max. number of cards is limited
to 1, but it restricts the number of auto-loaded cards. if you load
a module manually, it's added safely.
- PCM OSS emulation was fixed, e.g. mplayer delay problem should be
fixed now. Hopefully this doesn't introduce another bug...
- AC97 handler is rewritten. please test!
- some serious ISA PnP bugs are fixed (e.g. cs4236 freeze).
- some bugs in OSS-emulation library are fixed. please test!
- dmix problems with xmms ALSA plugin is solved.
- alsa-driver tree can be built with 2.6 kernel.
- alsaconf is now moved to alsa-utils tarball.
- pdplus driver seems broken. more testers?
- korg1212 driver seems broken (somehow).
- PCM OSS emulation might cause oops when you compile the kernel
without frame pointer (depending on the compiler).
- opti92x still might not work (although some bugs were fixed).
Takashi Iwai <firstname.lastname@example.org> ALSA Developer - www.alsa-project.org
This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program.
Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it
help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help
YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/
Alsa-devel mailing list