maybe more people and more efficiency = less costs
Posted Jul 26, 2002 18:10 UTC (Fri) by DeletedUser2818
In reply to: Going forward, we need transparency
Parent article: On the future of LWN
Do you have some rough numbers how much of your time you spend on generating semantic content (= words making sense ;) and how much time you spend on:
- coding / markup with HTML, correcting HTML errors&typos
- handling broken links
- doing email support for people
- putting content from email into you web pages
- merging information from different contributors on the same topic
- internal staff communication (meetings, email)
Maybe the key could be making that all more efficient by using different technology (WikiWikiWeb) and by involving more helping hands.
Both would mean less load on your personal shoulders in the long run. As you did notice the last two days, you are not alone and there are people who care.
A completely different idea is offering real cheap banner advertisement, so that even small companies (even single or 2 person) could easily afford to advertise on LWN.
to post comments)