|| ||Jason Wang <email@example.com> |
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com |
|| ||[net-next rfc V2 0/8] Multiqueue API for macvtap |
|| ||Fri, 31 May 2013 17:53:17 +0800|
|| ||Jason Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||Article, Thread
This series implements a v2 of fully tuntap compatiable API which could be used
by userspace to manage multiple macvtap queues. The main parts is to add
TUNSETQUEUE ioctl support for macvtap.
Patch 1 - 4 was some tuntap compatibility and misc cleanups.
Patch 5 removes the linear search in macvtap by reshuffling the macvtaps array
each time a queue is removed. After this, we could store both enabled and
disabled queues in the same array without introducing extra data structure.
Patch 6 let TUNSETIFF can create multiqueue device, nothing but some check
Patch 7 implement TUNSETQUEUE ioctl
Patch 8 reports IFF_MULTI_QUEUE to userspace to notify the userspace that the
multiqueue API is completed.
Flow caches implememtation were missed in this version, since I am doing
rework on the tuntap flow caches. Have some some stress test with both netperf
Please review, thanks.
Changes from V1:
- Drop the patch of "return -EBADFD when TUNGETIFF fails" to preserve backward
- Add a small patch of optimizing macvtap_do_read() (see patch 1/8)
- Use different functions to do tap enabling and creating
- Use different functions to do tap disabling and closing
- Remove the emtpy line in patch 6/8
- Add a line in patch 3/8
- Add a comment to explain the checking when doing TUNSETIFF with
- Add comments to explian the second swapping when moving taps between disabled
areas and enabled areas.
- Fix the commit log of patch 7/8 ( v1 says the linked list were used which is
- Other minor bug fixes
Jason Wang (8):
macvtap: do not add self to waitqueue if doing a nonblock read
macvlan: switch to use IS_ENABLED()
macvtap: introduce macvtap_get_vlan()
macvlan: change the max number of queues to 16
macvtap: eliminate linear search
macvtap: allow TUNSETIFF to create multiqueue device
macvtap: add TUNSETQUEUE ioctl
macvtap: enable multiqueue flag
drivers/net/macvtap.c | 292 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------
include/linux/if_macvlan.h | 11 ++-
2 files changed, 233 insertions(+), 70 deletions(-)
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to email@example.com
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/