|| ||Paul <claws-AT-thewildbeast.co.uk> |
|| ||users-AT-lists.claws-mail.org |
|| ||Claws Mail 3.9.1 unleashed!! |
|| ||Mon, 6 May 2013 18:16:16 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
6th May 2013 Claws Mail 3.9.1
CLAWS MAIL RELEASE NOTES
Claws Mail is a GTK+ based, user-friendly, lightweight, and fast
New in this release:
All plugins previously packaged as 'Extra Plugins' are now contained
within the Claws Mail package. In addition to that, the following
plugins have been dropped: TrayIcon, Dillo Viewer, and Gtkhtml2
This release contains the following plugins: ACPI Notifier, Address
Keeper, Attachment Remover, Attachment Warner, Bogofilter, BS Filter,
Clam AntiVirus, Fancy HTML Viewer, FetchInfo, gData, GeoLocation,
Mail Archiver, MailMBOX, New Mail, Notification, PDF Viewer, Perl,
PGP/Core, PGP/Inline, PGP/MIME, Python, RSSyl, SMime, Spam Report,
SpamAssassin, TNEF Parse, and vCalendar.
* 3 command-line switches have been added:
--cancel-receiving which cancels the currently running message
--cancel-sending which cancels the currently running message
--debug which toggles debug output.
* '/Message/Cancel sending' has been added to the main menu.
* In the filtering and processing condition configuration for Age,
it is now possible to match based on number of hours.
* The GnuPG signature timestamp is now displayed in the full
* Support for GnuTLS priority string has been added. This is achieved
via 2 hidden account preferences, gnutls_set_priority and
gnutls_priority. The former turning the option on or off, the
latter containing the required priority string.
* Keep-alive pings are now performed on IMAP and NNTP connections.
* In the Compose window, the focus is now moved to the message body
when focus is in the Subject entry and the Enter key is pressed.
* The Delete key can now be used to remove Colour Label hotkeys.
* PDF Viewer: The printed PDF quality has been improved.
* Fancy HTML viewer: The options dialogue has been completely
reworked, and disabling remote content is now totally strict.
* Python plugin: Added Cc field to messageinfo objects.
* Python plugin: Added examples.
* Python plugin: Added a function to get an arbitrary header from a
* Perl plugin: The documentation for insert_perl.pl has been
* Basic handling of vcard 3.0 has been added to vcard2xml.py.
* A Swedish translation has been added to claws-mail.desktop.
* The man page has been updated.
* Updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Finnish, French,
German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
* Bug fixes:
o bug 1137, 'loading plugins with same profile on different
o bug 1684, 'view news messages with large attachements
o bug 1963, 'Preferences Templates Information Window Focus
o bug 2340, 'Create block list'
o bug 2617, 'code cleanup'
o bug 2624, 'dialog "Action Configuration" cannot be closed'
o bug 2702, 'Support splitting subject line for small screen
o bug 2774, 'Select folder/New Folder dialog - modal problem'
o bug 2785, 'Marking mails for deletion reopens internal
o bug 2801, 'Filtering Header:Name list is blank/corrupt'
o bug 2826, 'replace deprecated gnutls function'
o bug 2828, 'Use MD5 digest for socket name'
o bug 2832, 'mail to from adress-book splitt names'
o bug 2835, 'add_address() in addr_compl.c should allow a
o bug 2859, 'Newmail plugin doesn't work if Mail folder not
present when it is loaded.'
o bug 2862, 'Segmentation fault when replying to a message
where the "code conversion" fails'
o bug 2863, 'Applying has_attachment quicksearch on IMAP
o bug 2878 'bsfilter / folder.c:1435 Condition identifier
!= NULL failed'
o bug 2879, 'Plain text mails treated as encrypted'
o bug 2882, 'Reverse preference for external content'
o bug 2885, 'SIGSEGV in hooks_marshal at hooks.c:108'
o bug 2890, 'html2ps required...'
o bug 2893, 'ical_yy_scan_bytes has wrong type'
o bug 2903, 'key 'C' mention harcoded in string'
o bug 2909, 'Changing folder quickly can cause wrong email to
o IMAP: Don't set charset on simple searches. Fixes Exchange
o Disconnect NNTP accounts too when switching offline.
o Fix sensitivity of next-unread toolbar button.
o tools/gif2xface.pl, tools/outlook2claws-mail.pl: Fix
o Add missing \n at end of the return receipt last part's
o Make LDAP over SSL work on Win32.
o Fix crash on action error.
o Fix trimming of leading spaces in actions.
o tools/vcard2xml.py: Fix missing file encoding info.
o fix sensitivity of 'Use both dictionaries' in compose
o Fix actions with spaces (and quotes).
o tools/vcard2xml.py: Lines split over more than one line
breaks parser; Get email addres correct. Not only
o Escape filename/description text of MIME parts, prevents
error if, e.g., the filename contains an ampersand.
o Fix 'edit accounts' windows going behind when leaving an
'account preferences' window, by re-focusing this
window. o Fix crash closing PDF information alert panel.
o Fix default fonts on Windows.
o Fix ugly icon in XFCE's alt-tab window.
o Fix untranslated description in archiver plugin
o fix crasher when using /Edit/Search folder on start-up with
For further details of the numbered bugs listed above consult
See ChangeLog for full information regarding changes in this release.
Users mailing list
to post comments)