|| ||Nicolas Pitre <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
|| ||email@example.com |
|| ||[PATCH v4 00/15] multi-cluster power management |
|| ||Tue, 05 Feb 2013 00:21:57 -0500|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
|| ||Article, Thread
This is version 4 of the patch series required to safely power up
and down CPUs in a cluster as can be found in b.L systems. If nothing
major is reported, I'll send a pull request to Russell for this set
Also included are the needed patches to allow CPU hotplug on RTSM
configured as a big.LITTLE system. I'll hopefully send a separate pull
request for them later if the remaining issue with the CCI code can be
sorted out in time.
Please refer to http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ports.arm.kernel/208625
for the initial series and particularly the cover page blurb for this work.
Thanks to those who provided review comments.
Changes from v3:
- DT binding documentation for the DCSCB.
- Patch to probe DT for DCSCB presence folded into the patch that
- Patch to select SMP ops at boot time now split in two patches.
- Use all 8 bits from the MPIDR affinity fields in mcpm_head.S.
- Replaced gic_raise_softirq() with arch_send_wakeup_ipi_mask().
- Clear CTRL.C bit rather than calling cpu_proc_fin() to keep the I-cache
- Added definitions in the CCI code to clean up some magic values.
Changes from v2:
- The bL_ prefix has been changed into mcpm_ and surroundings adjusted
- Documentation moved up one level in Documentation/arm/.
- Clarifications in commit log for patch #1 about future work.
- The debug macro in mcpm_head.S now displays CPU and cluster numbers.
- Patch improving mcpm_cpu_die() folded into the original patch that
- Return -EADDRNOTAVAIL on ioremap failure.
- The auxcr patch moved down in the series to better identify dependencies.
Changes from v1:
- Pulled in Rob Herring's auxcr accessor patch and converted this series
- VMajor rework of various barriers (some DSBs demoted to DMBs, etc.)
- The sync_mem() macro is now split and enhanced to properly process the
cache for writers and readers in the cluster critical region helpers.
- BL_NR_CLUSTERS and BL_CPUS_PER_CLUSTER renamed to BL_MAX_CLUSTERS
- Removed unused C definitions and prototypes for vlocks.
- Simplified the vlock memory allocation.
- The vlock code is GPL v2.
- Replaced MPIDR inline asm by read_cpuid_mpidr().
- Use of MPIDR_AFFINITY_LEVEL() to replace explicit shifts and masks.
- Dropped gic_cpu_if_down().
- Added a DSB before SEV and WFI.
- Fixed power_up_setup helper prototype.
- Nuked smp_wmb() in bL_set_entry_vector().
- Moved the CCI driver to drivers/bus/.
- Dependency on CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL removed.
- Leftover garbage in Makefile removed.
- Added/clarified various comments in the assembly code.
- Some documentation typos fixed.
- Copyright notices updated to 2013
Still not addressed yet in this series:
- The CCI device tree binding descriptions.
Documentation/arm/cluster-pm-race-avoidance.txt | 498 ++++++++++++++++++
Documentation/arm/vlocks.txt | 211 ++++++++
.../devicetree/bindings/arm/rtsm-dcscb.txt | 19 +
arch/arm/Kconfig | 8 +
arch/arm/common/Makefile | 1 +
arch/arm/common/mcpm_entry.c | 314 +++++++++++
arch/arm/common/mcpm_head.S | 219 ++++++++
arch/arm/common/mcpm_platsmp.c | 86 +++
arch/arm/common/vlock.S | 108 ++++
arch/arm/common/vlock.h | 29 +
arch/arm/include/asm/cp15.h | 14 +
arch/arm/include/asm/mach/arch.h | 3 +
arch/arm/include/asm/mcpm_entry.h | 190 +++++++
arch/arm/kernel/setup.c | 5 +-
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/Kconfig | 9 +
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/Makefile | 1 +
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/core.h | 2 +
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/dcscb.c | 249 +++++++++
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/dcscb_setup.S | 80 +++
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/platsmp.c | 12 +
arch/arm/mach-vexpress/v2m.c | 2 +-
drivers/bus/Kconfig | 5 +
drivers/bus/Makefile | 2 +
drivers/bus/arm-cci.c | 125 +++++
drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-calxeda.c | 14 -
include/linux/arm-cci.h | 30 ++
26 files changed, 2220 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)