|| ||Morten Welinder <mortenw-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||Gnumeric Mailing List <gnumeric-list-AT-gnome.org>,
Gnome Announcement List <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||Gnumeric 1.12 released |
|| ||Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:35:46 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
Free, Fast, Accurate -- Pick Any Three!
The Gnumeric Team is proud to announce the 1.12.x series.
This is the product of almost two years of development.
* Gnumeric is now based on Gtk+ 3.x.
* Dual license: Gnumeric is now dual licensed GPLv2/GPLv3.
* Better ODS import and export.
* Graph improvements: data labels; scattered min-max plot type;
rich text in labels.
* Gnumeric is now even more accurate. For example, we have
eliminated rounding of intermediate results so functions like SUM are
now even more accurate. For example, computing SUM(1,1E-20,-1) now
* Gnumeric is slightly faster and uses slightly less memory for
* Start-up time has been improved by embedding, for example, the
user interface files into the executable.
* The test suite has been improved, causing us to identify and fix
a number of minor bugs related to XLS, XLSX, and ODS filters.
* It is now possible to format numbers as SI units causing the
proper prefix to be used.
Gnumeric 1.12.x requires the new Goffice 0.10.x library series, a
fairly recent libgsf, and a GTK+3 stack. See here for details.
On behalf of the team
to post comments)