GNU Guix launches
Posted Nov 26, 2012 10:07 UTC (Mon) by oever
Parent article: GNU Guix launches
A presentation on Guix which lists the reasons to not use Nix:
so what’s the point of Guix?
why Guile Scheme instead of the Nix language?
- keeping Nix’s build & deployment model
- using Scheme as the packaging language
- adding GNU hackers to the mix
- because it rocks!
- because it’s GNU!
- it has a compiler, Unicode, gettext, libraries, etc.
- it supports embedded DSLs via macros
- can be used both for composition and build scripts
I do not know Nix well enough to know if these improvements justify not using plain Nix.
to post comments)