Ideally it for network-ability Wayland should have:
1. Graphic outputs over the network (as discussed above)
2. Audio output over the network (TCP support in Pulseaudio is very effective)
3. Copy-n-paste over the network. Hopefully some standard for clipboard managers will be implemented. Hopefully HTML-aware in a manner similar to Windows.
4. Notifications over the network.
5. File transfer support.
6. Some sort of thing for supporting weird input devices. Like USB support for generic devices.. things for special input support like game devices or accessability devices. I don't know.
7. Some lovely way to securely tunnel it all. SSH would be great I expect.
I would be happy when 1 and 3 since I can fudge PA to work well for 2 and I have no problem with scp. I am just saying since this is the sort of functionality people expect to be present for remote desktops since it's already present in most competing products.