1) It is trivial to root the device and install StickMount from the Play store.
2) A Micro-USB male to USB-A female adapter can be had for less than $2 on Amazon that allows USB connectivity for a whole bunch of devices beyond storage.
3)This is definitely a down side, but amenable with #1.
4) Making all your UI widgets smaller on higher dpi display doesn't make the device magically better. Google "Steve Jobs Finger Sharpener" to better understand the problem of small ui widgets on a touch screen device.
5) Genuine complaint, but to me it's only a deal breaker if you live in an area that has 2.4 ghz saturation.
6) There is a fully functional GPS receiver. Tethering the device to a phone works perfectly making for a fairly nice 7" Navigation tool.
7) The battery can be serviced by the end user with standard tools without destroying the device.