|| ||Dmitry Monakhov <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
|| ||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org |
|| ||[PATCH 0/3] RFC: introduce extended inode owner identifier v10 |
|| ||Mon, 9 Jul 2012 19:28:42 +0400|
|| ||email@example.com, Dmitry Monakhov <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|| ||Article, Thread
Hi, Here is updated version subtree-quota pachset
1) Inode may has a subtree identifier which has same meaning as uid/gid.
2) In general case Id is stored in inode's xattr named "system.subtree"
3) Id is inherent from parent inode on creation.
4) This id is cached in memory fs_inode structure and may be accessible
via s_op->get_subtree(). This field it restricted by CONFIG_SUBTREE.
So no wasting of memory happens.
5) Since id is cached in memory it may be used for different purposes
5A) Implement additional quota id space orthogonal to uid/gid. This is
useful in managing quota for some filesystem hierarchy(chroot or
container over bindmount)
6) In comparison to XFS's project ID feature it does not affect
rename(2)/link(2) in case of cross tries transfer
*User interface *
Subtree id is managed via generic xattr interface "system.subtree"
This good because
1) We may use already existing interface.
2) xattr already supported by generic utilities tar/rsync and etc
PATCH SET TOC:
1) generic subtree support
2) ext4: generic subtree support
3) ext4: subtree quota support
NOTE:Ext4 quota is now managed via e2fsprogs, changes which add prjquota suppport for
e2fsprogs will be submitted as separate patch-set.
Patch against next-20120605-1-g20a6ee4
Actually vfs part is really small, and most changes happen in fs/ext4/
Changes agains V9
1) Change the name of the id from "project_id" to "subtree" accordings to Dave's
2) Fixes according to Jan's comments
- coalapse first and second patch
- get rid-of didicated mount point for subtree_id support
- code style changes
3) Drop XFS stuff, since it require nontrivial changes in disk structures.
Changes against V7
- Small fix for subtree switch error path
- Remove usless macro expressions
Changes against v6
- get rid of iattr stuff, current __dquot_transfer() provides sane interface
for quota manipulation. i_prjid can must be changed only by fs-speciffic
methods so only get() method is really necessery.
- remove #ifdef tricks from generic code.
- move i_prjid from vfs_inode to fs_inode, to prevent inode bloating.
- get rid of isolation logic, because this feature confuse most users.
Changes against v5
- convert dquota_transfer to struct iattr interface. Not it is possible
to change i_prjid via notify_changes()
- some bugfixes.
Signed-off-by: Dmitry Monakhov <email@example.com>
Makefile | 2 +-
1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
index 0d718ed..8dbcc39 100644
@@ -2,7 +2,7 @@ VERSION = 3
PATCHLEVEL = 5
SUBLEVEL = 0
EXTRAVERSION = -rc1
-NAME = Saber-toothed Squirrel
+NAME = Saber-toothed Squirrel-tree-quota
# To see a list of typical targets execute "make help"
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-fsdevel" in
the body of a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html