|| ||Chong Yidong <cyd-AT-gnu.org> |
|| ||emacs-devel-AT-gnu.org |
|| ||Emacs 24.1 released |
|| ||Sun, 10 Jun 2012 17:01:16 +0800|
|| ||Article, Thread
GNU Emacs 24.1 has been released. It is available on the GNU ftp site
at ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/. See http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html for a
list of mirrors.
The SHA1 check-sums for the tarballs are:
Here are some new features in Emacs 24.1. See etc/NEWS for a complete
- New packaging system and interface (M-x list-packages) for
downloading and installing extensions. A default package archive is
hosted by GNU and maintained by the Emacs developers.
- Support for displaying and editing bidirectional text, including
right-to-left scripts such as Arabic and Hebrew.
- Support for lexical scoping in Emacs Lisp.
- Improvements to the Custom Themes system (M-x customize-themes).
- Unified and improved completion system in many modes and packages.
- Support for GnuTLS (for built-in TLS/SSL encryption), GTK+ 3,
ImageMagick, SELinux, and Libxml2.
Please send bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use the
command M-x report-emacs-bug to do this.
Many thanks to the Emacs development team for their hard work; and to
the numerous users and testers who have contributed suggestions and bug
reports. Happy hacking.
to post comments)