Posted May 22, 2012 14:21 UTC (Tue) by aaron
In reply to: Announcing printerd
Parent article: Announcing printerd
Some reasons, off the top of my head:
- Not enough daemons. (If history is a guide, printerd would run in addition to the various CUPS daemons, "just in case.")
- Nobody's announced a new daemon in weeks.
- We need more core services that depend on DBUS and GLib.
- LPR is so last century, y'know?
- Linux printing works too well.
- Force everyone to go graphical/PDF, since we don't need to support receipt/invoice/check/line/Braille printers anymore.
Tim's code looks good, and I'm quite certain he is sincere in his intent to improve things, but it does lead me to wonder: how much code + innovation + promotion does it take to troll the Linux community?
to post comments)