|| ||Petr Kovar <pknbe-AT-volny.cz> |
|| ||pan-announce-AT-nongnu.org, gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org |
|| ||ANN: Pan 0.136 "Far too busy being delicious..." |
|| ||Sun, 8 Apr 2012 19:33:31 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
April 8, 2012 - New Release:
Pan 0.136 "Far too busy being delicious..."
What is Pan?
Pan is a newsreader which attempts to be pleasing to both new and
experienced users. In addition to the standard newsreader features, Pan
also supports yEnc, offline newsreading, article filtering, multiple
connections, and more.
It's also the only Unix newsreader to get a perfect score on the Good
Net-Keeping Seal of Approval evaluations.
This release introduces a plethora of bugfixes and improvements, everybody
using older versions of Pan is encouraged to upgrade. This version supports
binary uploading, TLS (SSL) connections, PGP handling and other nice
Changes since 0.135
* Support for uploading attachments (with NZB creation) to Usenet.
* Selectable Content-Transfer-Encoding. (Heinrich Müller)
* Selectable GtkSpell default language. (Heinrich Müller)
* Support for encrypting and signing articles with a public/private PGP key.
* Connections can now be encrypted with TLS 1.0. (Heinrich Müller)
* Various bugfixes/enhancements from Bugzilla.
* Auto-Cache/-Download/-Delete/-Mark read based on scores. (Heinrich Müller)
* D-Bus support for automatic batch addition of new files to the Download
Queue. (Heinrich Müller)
* Status Icon support. (Heinrich Müller)
* GNOME Keyring support for safely storing server passwords. (Heinrich
* Updated translations and help: Spanish (Daniel Mustieles, Nicolás
Satragno), Slovenian (Andrej Žnidaršič, Matej Urbančič, Martin
Srebotnjak), German (Christian Kirbach, Mario Blättermann), Czech (Marek
Černocký, Petr Kovar), Esperanto (Kristjan SCHMIDT), Danish (Joe Hansen),
Japanese (OKANO Takayoshi), Russian (Yuri Myasoedov), French (Bruno
Brouard), Brazilian Portuguese (Gabriel Speckhahn).
gnome-announce-list mailing list
to post comments)