|| ||Georg Brandl <georg-AT-python.org> |
|| ||python-announce-AT-python.org, python-dev-AT-python.org, python-list-AT-python.org |
|| ||[RELEASED] Python 3.3.0 alpha 1 |
|| ||Mon, 05 Mar 2012 08:54:06 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
On behalf of the Python development team, I'm happy to announce the
first alpha release of Python 3.3.0.
This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended in
Python 3.3 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, as well as easier
porting between 2.x and 3.x. Major new features in the 3.3 release series are:
* PEP 380, Syntax for Delegating to a Subgenerator ("yield from")
* PEP 393, Flexible String Representation (doing away with the
distinction between "wide" and "narrow" Unicode builds)
* PEP 409, Suppressing Exception Context
* PEP 3151, Reworking the OS and IO exception hierarchy
* The new "packaging" module, building upon the "distribute" and
"distutils2" projects and deprecating "distutils"
* The new "lzma" module with LZMA/XZ support
* PEP 3155, Qualified name for classes and functions
* PEP 414, explicit Unicode literals to help with porting
* The new "faulthandler" module that helps diagnosing crashes
* Wrappers for many more POSIX functions in the "os" and "signal"
modules, as well as other useful functions such as "sendfile()"
For a more extensive list of changes in 3.3.0, see
To download Python 3.3.0 visit:
Please consider trying Python 3.3.0a1 with your code and reporting any
bugs you may notice to:
Georg Brandl, Release Manager
georg at python.org
(on behalf of the entire python-dev team and 3.3's contributors)
Support the Python Software Foundation:
to post comments)