|| ||Tomasz Stanislawski <firstname.lastname@example.org> |
|| ||email@example.com |
|| ||[RFCv2 PATCH 0/9] Integration of videobuf2 with dmabuf |
|| ||Tue, 06 Mar 2012 12:38:01 +0100|
|| ||firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
|| ||Article, Thread
This patchset is an incremental patch to patchset created by Sumit Semwal .
The patches are dedicated to help find a better solution for support of buffer
sharing by V4L2 API. It is expected to start discussion on the final
installment for dma-buf in vb2-dma-contig allocator. Current version of the
patches contain little documentation. It is going to be fixed after achieving
consensus about design for buffer exporting. Moreover the API between vb2-core
and the allocator should be revised.
The patches were successfully tested to cooperate with EXYNOS DRM driver using
Please note, that the amount of changes to vb2-dma-contig.c was significant
making the difference patch very difficult to read.
The patchset makes use of dma_get_pages extension for DMA API, which is posted
on a top of dma-mapping patches by Marek Szyprowski  .
The tree, that contains all needed patches, can be found here .
- extended VIDIOC_EXPBUF argument from integer memoffset to struct
- added patch that breaks DMABUF spec on (un)map_atachment callcacks but allows
to work with existing implementation of DMABUF prime in DRM
- all dma-contig code refactoring patches were squashed
v1: List of changes since .
- support for DMA api extension dma_get_pages, the function is used to retrieve
pages used to create DMA mapping.
- small fixes/code cleanup to videobuf2
- added prepare and finish callbacks to vb2 allocators, it is used keep
consistency between dma-cpu acess to the memory (by Marek Szyprowski)
- support for exporting of DMABUF buffer in V4L2 and Videobuf2, originated from
- support for dma-buf exporting in vb2-dma-contig allocator
- support for DMABUF for s5p-tv and s5p-fimc (capture interface) drivers,
originated from 
- changed handling for userptr buffers (by Marek Szyprowski, Andrzej
- let mmap method to use dma_mmap_writecombine call (by Marek Szyprowski)
Sumit Semwal (1):
v4l: vb2: Add dma-contig allocator as dma_buf user
Tomasz Stanislawski (8):
v4l: vb2: fixes for DMABUF support
v4l: vb2-dma-contig: update and code refactoring
v4l: add buffer exporting via dmabuf
v4l: vb2: add buffer exporting via dmabuf
v4l: vb2-dma-contig: add support for DMABUF exporting
v4l: vb2-dma-contig: change map/unmap behaviour
v4l: fimc: integrate capture i-face with dmabuf
v4l: s5p-tv: mixer: integrate with dmabuf
drivers/media/video/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/media/video/s5p-fimc/fimc-capture.c | 11 +-
drivers/media/video/s5p-tv/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/media/video/s5p-tv/mixer_video.c | 12 +-
drivers/media/video/v4l2-compat-ioctl32.c | 1 +
drivers/media/video/v4l2-ioctl.c | 11 +
drivers/media/video/videobuf2-core.c | 88 +++-
drivers/media/video/videobuf2-dma-contig.c | 717 ++++++++++++++++++++++++---
include/linux/videodev2.h | 20 +
include/media/v4l2-ioctl.h | 2 +
include/media/videobuf2-core.h | 8 +-
11 files changed, 779 insertions(+), 93 deletions(-)