Do you have an interest in helping to create the best free software
technical information site on the net? Here at LWN.net, we have reached a
point where we can hire another full-time editor if we can find the right
LWN is driven by a small, results-oriented group of people with a strong
technical background; we also, obviously, care strongly about Linux and
free software. We have been publishing since 1998, and plan to be around
for a long time yet. To do that, we would like to bring somebody in who
wants to help us expand our content, grow our reader base, and, in general,
make LWN an even more useful and fun resource.
If you feel you can meet the following requirements, we would like
to hear from you:
- Top-notch English-language writing skills with a demonstrated history
of writing for a highly technical audience.
- Interest in (and use of) Linux and free software. Candidates must
understand both the software and the community that creates it.
- An ability to meet (sometimes tight) deadlines.
- Some willingness to travel for conferences and other community events.
- A "do what it takes" attitude suited to a startup-like environment
where there is far too much work to do, along with a willingness to be
of our long-term decision-making process.
Nice to haves:
- Software development experience. Python experience is a definite
plus; kernel development experience is a major plus.
- Graphic design experience.
- Business development, marketing, and/or sales ideas and experience.
LWN.net is based in Colorado, USA, but we are willing to consider
applicants living anywhere in the world. For those in the US, compensation
would include coverage under our health insurance plan. We also offer
other benefits (e.g. paid vacation and holidays).
Please feel free to pass this along to anyone you know who might be
qualified and interested. Applicants should send an email to
'firstname.lastname@example.org' describing why they feel they are a good
fit for the position. Résumé/CV is optional, but should most
certainly be in a free format, preferably text.
to post comments)