Programming language zealot checklist
* The magic programming language being advocated is more than 15 years old.
+1. Java was released in 1995.
* Prophecy of imminent doom for unbelievers
+1. And we even got a specific date, 2015!
* The poster doesn't understand or is a novice at the programming language being advocated
+0. Java as a language wasn't really discussed at all, so no obvious fumbles here.
* The poster advocates garbage collection in kernel space
* The poster makes ad hominem attacks
+0. No really blatant ad hominems in this particular thread.
* The magic programming language is revealed to "faster than C" because of a microbenchmark, apocryphal story, or thought experiment.
+1. For the apocryphal story about the high frequency trading platform and the revelation that Top500 is a meaningless benchmark. Also the fun revelation that the magic language is good at "realtime... and data-intensive tasks which traditional supercomputers suck at."
Someone should tell IBM to stop making all those mainframes that suck at data-intensive tasks. Make the good ones, instead, please!