nobody is disagreeing with the idea that mobile devices are going to be more important.
what we are disagreeing with is that idea that a mobile interface will work on a desktop screen/mouse environment.
you are looking and saying 'mobile use is 30% of the market, we have to support that', but in the process you are breaking support for the other 70% of the market and telling those people that they aren't important, or are obsolete.
this is an area that it looks like KDE is doing much better in, they are continuing to support the desktop large screen + mouse environment, but at the same time providing a small touchscreen environment that uses the same infrastructure. that is the same approach that GNWOME should have taken