|| ||Mary Rotman <maryr-AT-post.oreilly.com> |
|| ||lwn-AT-lwn.net |
|| ||Droid X2 and Galaxy Tab Missing Manuals--New from O'Reilly Media |
|| ||Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:05:03 -0700|
|| ||Article, Thread
If you would like to view this information in your browser, click here:
For Immediate Release
For more information, please contact:
Mary Rotman 707.827.7119, firstname.lastname@example.org, @oreillymedia
"Android has become the world's dominant mobile operating system," says author Preston Gralla, "and
the Droid X2 and the Samsung Galaxy Tab are two of the most powerful, cutting-edge devices making
use of the latest version of Android. However, these devices are actually very powerful computers
with remarkably sophisticated capabilities, and I want people to use the limits of their
capabilities, without having to struggle."
With "Droid X2: The Missing Manual, Second Edition" and "Galaxy Tab: The Missing Manual," readers
will be able to confidently use all of the features and capabilities, and customize any settings so
that the devices work exactly the way they want.
--Mary Rotman, email@example.com
New Titles from O'Reilly
Droid X2: The Missing Manual, Second Edition
Droid X2 has more power and better graphics than its predecessor, but it still doesn't offer a
printed guide to its amazing features. This Missing Manual helps you dig deep into everything Droid
X2 can do. Learn how to shop, keep in touch, play with photos, listen to music, and even do some
work. Unleash the power of this popular device with expert advice.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get organized. Sync Droid X2 with Google Calendar, Exchange, and Outlook.
- Go online. Navigate the Web, use email, and tap into Facebook and Twitter.
- Listen to tunes. Play and manage music using Droid X2's Music app and Google's Music Cloud
- Shoot photos and video. View and edit photos, slideshows, and video in the Gallery.
- Connect to Google Maps. Use geotagging and get turn-by-turn directions.
- Stay productive. Create, edit, and store documents with Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
Galaxy Tab: The Missing Manual
Galaxy Tab lets you work, play, read, and connect on the go, but mastering its TouchWiz interface
and finding the best apps can be tricky--unless you have this Missing Manual. Gadget whiz Preston
Gralla provides crystal-clear explanations and step-by-step instructions to get you up to speed
quickly, whether you have the 3G/4G or Wi-Fi version of this amazing device.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Design your experience. Add interactive widgets and mini-apps to your screen with TouchWiz.
- Satisfy your appetite. Download thousands of games and apps from the Android Market.
- Keep in touch. Chat, videochat, check email, and browse the Web.
- Find your way. View maps, use the GPS, and navigate turn-by-turn.
- Manage your media. Shoot and view photos and videos; organize and play your music.
- Stay informed. Read books, newspapers, and magazines.
- Be productive. Use Google Docs to store and share documents.
For a review copy or more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your delivery
address and contact information.
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines,
and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge
development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by
amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant
in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and
# # #
O'Reilly is a registered trademark of O'Reilly Media, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of
their respective owners.
You are receiving this email because you are a public relations contact with O'Reilly Media. If you
would like to stop receiving any and all press releases from O'Reilly, please email
O'Reilly Media, Inc. 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472 (707) 827-7000
to post comments)