|| ||Jeff Licquia <jeff-AT-licquia.org> |
|| ||distributions-AT-lists.freedesktop.org |
|| ||Call for Participation: FHS Relaunch |
|| ||Wed, 04 May 2011 21:39:13 -0400|
|| ||Article, Thread
The LSB workgroup is preparing FHS 3.0, which will be the first FHS
release since 2004. As part of that release, we are soliciting
contributions from all interested parties.
Our goal is to release FHS 3.0 by July 1 if possible.
How to contribute:
- We are continuing to use the old FHS Bugzilla, at
http://bugs.linuxfoundation.org/. Please file any new bugs under the
"FHS" product. If you have filed a bug there in the past, we will
evaluate it shortly. If you have any additional information to provide,
feel free to add comments to any of the bugs listed there.
- We will monitor the distributions@ list, lsb-discuss, and the new
fhs-discuss mailing list for feedback (see below regarding the latter).
Feedback from the lists will likely end up being tracked as bugs in
- We have set up a new version control repository for the DocBook
source to the FHS. It uses Bazaar, and can be found at
http://bzr.linuxfoundation.org/lsb/devel/fhs-spec. This can be useful
for submitting proposed changes to the spec as patches.
- We have a new mailing list for the FHS, fhs-discuss. You can learn
more, subscribe, and see archives here:
- Finally, we have set up a new reference specification section for
the FHS at the Linux Foundation's specification page:
Please feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be
interested, or point them to the FHS Web page we've set up:
to post comments)