|| ||Kate Stewart <kate.stewart-AT-canonical.com> |
|| ||ubuntu-release-AT-lists.ubuntu.com |
|| ||11.10 Ubuntu Release - Call for Topics |
|| ||Tue, 12 Apr 2011 01:01:16 -0500|
|| ||ubuntu-qa-AT-lists.ubuntu.com, ubuntu-devel-AT-lists.ubuntu.com|
|| ||Article, Thread
As we go into the last phases of releasing Natty, please keep a set
of side notes on things you would like to see improved in our release
processes for Oneiric (and beyond).
We will have a release feedback session again, early in UDS, to go
over what worked well, and what can be improved for Oneiric.
However there may be some topics that are wider in scope than that
one feedback session.
Looking at what some of the other teams are doing, a revised version of
their process should work:
1. Send a call for topics the Ubuntu community (this is it)
2. Have an exchange over irc and email to discuss the requirements in
3. Produce a resulting UDS plan which summarizes the topics going
into UDS, and feeds into blueprints
4. Provide a final roadmap post-UDS
Here is the schedule with some details.
= April 12th: Request for Topics =
This email is the request for topics. Please send topics that you would
like the Ubuntu Release team to consider for this cycle to the
**ubuntu-release** mailing list  with
"[Oneiric-Release-Topic]" in the subject line.
These are not specific requirements, but high-level ideas or concepts.
Some areas to consider:
* Development Release Processes (freezes, testing, etc.)
* Stable Release Updates (proposed, updates, testing, etc.)
* Long Term Support Release Processes (testing, freezes, etc.)
* Inter team dependencies ( Toolchain freeze, etc. ;) )
* End of Life Processes (advance notice, transitions )
* Release support infrastructure (archive, builders, etc.)
= April 12th through April 19th - Requirements discussions held =
We will discuss topics in the ubuntu-release irc channel and
ubuntu-release mailing list. The goal will be to identify and
document specific requirements.
= April 19th through April 28th - Getty Natty out! =
= May 2nd - UDS Oneiric Topics Review =
A couple of days before UDS Oneiric we will present a plan. This is
essentially a review of what topics we have planned for further
discussion at UDS.
= May 9th through May 13th - UDS =
= Approximately two weeks post UDS - Oneiric Plan Review =
About two weeks after UDS, we will revise the UDS Oneiric Plan to
capture what was actually decided as the plan of record at UDS, and
present that information. This info will feed into the Ubuntu Release
planning for Oneiric and beyond
to post comments)