|| ||RJ Ryan <rryan-AT-MIT.EDU> |
|| ||linux-audio-announce <linux-audio-announce-AT-lists.linuxaudio.org> |
|| ||[LAA] Mixxx 1.9.0 |
|| ||Sat, 19 Feb 2011 22:15:49 -0500|
|| ||Article, Thread
On behalf of the Mixxx Development Team, I'm pleased to announce the
official release of Mixxx 1.9.0.
Mixxx is Free, open-source DJ software that gives you everything you need to
perform live mixes.
Mixxx 1.9.0 adds several major new features including Shoutcast support,
direct deck outputs for external mixers, and ReplayGain normalization. We've
also added many enhancements to the library, a revamped default skin, and
You can read more about this release on our blog:
Here's the full list of new features:
- *Shoutcast / Icecast support*
- Mixxx can now broadcast over the internet (heavily requested
- *External Mixer Support*
- The new Sound Hardware preferences pane allows you to route each
playback deck separately, which allows you to use Mixxx with an external
- *ReplayGain normalization*
- A user from our forum worked closely with our developers to fully
implement volume normalization, including performing the
for tracks which are not tagged.
- *Waveform Gain*
- The scrolling waveforms now scale according to the channel gain for
better visual feedback.
- *Key lock buttons*
- Formerly known as "pitch-independent time stretch", there are now
easily accessible key-lock buttons for each for deck.
- *Revamped default skin*
- Since the original source material for the Outline Netbook skin was
lost eons ago, our artist completely redid it from scratch and tweaked it
for better visibility. The new skin has also added EQ kill switches.
- *HSS1394 support* (Windows, OS X)
- Mixxx now supports firewire HSS1394 MIDI devices such as the Stanton
- *Improved FLAC support*
- We're now using libFLAC directly for smoother FLAC decoding.
- *Revamped metadata parsing*
- Integration of
Mixxx to parse more metadata from songs, and do it more consistently.
- *Metadata writing*
- Mixxx can now write changes in song metadata back to disk. This
feature is off by default, and can be enabled in the Library preferences
- *Millisecond time display*
- The time counters in Mixxx now have an extra millisecond display.
- *Library improvements:*
- *Played column - *The library now indicates whether a song has been
played in the current session already, and also counts the total
times the song has been played.
- *Ratings column - *5 stars, no stars, or anywhere in
- *Better search *- Search now searches in more columns, and by-term
instead of by-phrase.
- *Revamped iTunes integration* - A rewrite yielded a significant
speedup of iTunes parsing.
- *Faster library scanning - *The library scanner should perform much
better on large libraries.
- *Inline Editing* -* *Double click any item in the track table to
edit its contents.
- *Recording to MP3/Ogg -* Now your recordings can be saved in either
MP3 or Ogg/Vorbis format.
- *New MIDI mappings:*
- Vestax Typhoon
- Vestax Spin
- Hercules DJ Console Mk4
- Numark MIXTRACK
- Pioneer CDJ-350
- *Updated MIDI mappings:*
- Hercules DJ Control MP3
- Hercules DJ Control e2
- Hercules DJ Control Steel
- Hercules MK2
- Vestax VCI-100
- Reloop Digital Jockey 2
- M-Audio Xponent
- *Tons of bug fixes and performance improvements!*
Linux-audio-announce mailing list
to post comments)