|| ||Zefir Kurtisi <zefir.kurtisi-ASv44eHyqLVBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> |
|| ||linux-wireless-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org |
|| ||[RFC] DFS userspace handler |
|| ||Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:01:40 +0100|
|| ||Zefir Kurtisi <zefir.kurtisi-ASv44eHyqLVBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>|
|| ||Article, Thread
Hello DFS folks,
this is a patch series to prove the concept of DFS handling done in userspace.
It moves the radar pattern detector introduced in  and documented in 
from mac80211 up to hostapd.
The basic concept is:
1) pattern detection
* pulse events detected by HW are passed to hostapd
* hostapd performs per-wiphy DFS pattern matching
2) channel handling: on radar detection hostapd
* updates channel state (NOL handling)
* switches to new operating channel with TX disabled (on all wiphys)
* after CAC period enables TX on that channel
The proposed patches provide part 1) of the concept. The nl80211 interface is
extended with functions to pass DFS pulse events to hostapd.
Testing as described in  results in identical output, indicating that both
approaches (mac80211 and hostapd based) are equivalent from functional point
The testing was done with
* OpenWRT r25417
* Atheros AR9280 Rev:2
* DFS radars generated with R&S vector signal generator
We at our company would prefer this approach over the mac80211 based one as
soon as we see that part 2) can be implemented as proposed.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to majordomo-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA@public.gmane.org
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html