Posted Feb 4, 2011 7:05 UTC (Fri) by rillian (subscriber, #11344)
In reply to: LCA 2011 by wookey
Parent article: LCA 2011
To view the archives with free software:
1 Visit http://linuxconfau.blip.tv/ with a browser.
2. Click on "Episode Archive" in between the two nav bars
3. This should take you to http://linuxconfau.blip.tv/posts?view=archive
4. Page through and select the video you'd like to watch, e.g. http://linuxconfau.blip.tv/file/4692974/
5. Scroll down below the abstract. There is a gray bar with two selectors.
If there is a link which says, "Play in HTML5" click on it. If it says, "Play in Flash" you're already getting the video element.
6. In the popup immediately above the link from step 5, where it says, "Select a format" choose "Web -- Ogg Theora/Vorbis.
7. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and click on the link that says "Download"
8. Watch the .ogv stream it gives you in your browser, or hand it off to your media player.