|| ||Daniele Varrazzo <daniele.varrazzo-AT-gmail.com> |
|| ||pgsql-announce-AT-postgresql.org |
|| ||[ANNOUNCE] Psycopg 2.3.1 released |
|| ||Tue, 7 Dec 2010 21:59:59 +0000|
|| ||Article, Thread
Psycopg 2.3.1 has been released, fixing a build bug reported on CentOS 5.5
All the informations and download URLs at
Psycopg is the most used PostgreSQL adapter for the Python programming
language. At the core it fully implements the Python DB API 2.0
specifications. Several extensions allow access to many of the features
offered by PostgreSQL.
Psycopg 2.3.0 was released a few days before, but there has not been an
announce: Here is the list of new features and changes.
- Main new features
- dict to hstore adapter and hstore to dict typecaster, using both 9.0
and pre-9.0 syntax.
- Two-phase commit protocol support as per DBAPI specification.
- Support for payload in notifications received from the backed.
- namedtuple-returning cursor.
- Query execution cancel.
- Other features and changes
- Dropped support for protocol 2: Psycopg 2.3 can only connect to
PostgreSQL servers with version at least 7.4.
- Don't issue a query at every connection to detect the client encoding
and to set the datestyle to ISO if it is already compatible with what
- mogrify() now supports unicode queries.
- Subclasses of a type that can be adapted are adapted as the superclass.
- errorcodes knows a couple of new codes introduced in PostgreSQL 9.0.
- Dropped deprecated Psycopg "own quoting".
- Never issue a ROLLBACK on close/GC. This behaviour was introduced as a
bug in release 2.2, but trying to send a command while being destroyed
has been considered not safe.
- Bug fixes
- Fixed use of PQfreemem instead of free in binary typecaster.
- Fixed access to freed memory in conn_get_isolation_level().
- Fixed crash during Decimal adaptation with a few 2.5.x Python versions
- Fixed notices order (ticket #9).
---------------------------(end of broadcast)---------------------------
-To unsubscribe from this list, send an email to:
to post comments)