"Mere aggregation" is there for a reason.
Posted Dec 1, 2010 3:14 UTC (Wed) by Trelane
In reply to: "Mere aggregation" is there for a reason.
Parent article: The kernel and the C library as a single project
Ha. And, of course, I'm wrong. Quoth the Copyright Office (http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.pdf)
of the 1976 Copyright Act generally gives the owner of copyright the exclusive
right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
In addition, certain authors of works of visual art have the rights of attribution
and integrity as described in section 106A of the 1976 Copyright Act.
- To reproduce the work in copies or phonorecords;
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work;
- To distribute copies or phonorecords of the work to the public by sale or
other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending;
- To perform the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and
choreographic works, pantomimes, and motion pictures and other audiovisual
- To display the work publicly, in the case of literary, musical, dramatic, and
choreographic works, pantomimes, and pictorial, graphic, or sculptural
works, including the individual images of a motion picture or other audiovisual
- In the case of sound recordings,* to perform the work publicly by means of
a digital audio transmission.
to post comments)