|| ||maximilian attems <max-AT-stro.at> |
|| ||debian-devel-announce-AT-lists.debian.org |
|| ||Debian linux-2.6 Paris meeting |
|| ||Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:08:50 +0100|
|| ||Article, Thread
The Debian kernel Team met in Paris during the Paris mini-Debconf,
as we did last year in Portland at Linux Plumbers 2009.
Not only did we release 2.6.32-27 "We'll Always Have Paris".
A short summary of this productive meeting is:
* No virtualisation feature images for Wheezy:
KVM, Linux Containers and Xen are all to be in default linux-2.6.
* We decided to finally use git immediately after the Squeeze release.
* `make deb-pkg' sees further uptake and will see further enhancements.
* We appeal for an interested maintainer to have RT images in Debian.
* External intrusive patches such as Fedora's NX emulation will not be
accepted before they go upstream.
* No additional LSM module without built in cost reduction.
* Investigation of automated testing: There is a need for a Debian
infrastructure for automatic linux-2.6 build and boot testing.
* Work needed for better d-i (Debian Installer) linux-2.6 module generation.
* Work needed to debloat current full image to a sensible default.
* initramfs-tools has stable MODULES=dep for squeeze.
klibc ipconfig has fixes for large cluster netbooting.
* Almost all of Debian patches are upstream in 2.6.37.
Only minor stuff needs upstreaming.
The long story can be found here:
to post comments)