|| ||Bastien Nocera <hadess-AT-gnome.org> |
|| ||foundation-list <foundation-list-AT-gnome.org>, foundation-announce
|| ||GTK+/MeeGo Handset integration work, call for bids |
|| ||Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:55:39 +0100|
|| ||gnome-announce-list <gnome-announce-list-AT-gnome.org>|
|| ||Article, Thread
The GNOME Foundation is looking for developers to enhance the developer
experience of using GTK+ to port and create applications on MeeGo
Knowledge of the MeeGo Handset development process, and GTK+ internals
will be required to carry out the work.
The tasks to be achieved are:
- Ensure that GTK+ applications display as expected on the MeeGo Handset
platform, including checking that fixes to the compositor are made if
- Add to upstream GTK+ helper functionality to create stand-alone GTK+
applications to run on MeeGo.
- Merge Hildon widgets functionality into GTK+ upstream, where it makes
sense to do so.
The money available for the project is $50,000, and the bidder selection
will be made by a group including professional consultants with GTK+ and
MeeGo experience and GNOME Foundation Board members.
Bids should include:
- Results of testing stock GTK+ applications on the MeeGo Handset platform
- Details of your research into what GTK+ functionality needs to be
added to ease porting of stock applications to MeeGo Handset.
- The list of widgets and functionality ported from Hildon to upstream
GTK+, including a review of how the functionality would be integrated
(extending existing widgets, new widgets, etc.)
- A time line and schedule for the whole project
- References to previous MeeGo, MeeGo Handset, Maemo, or GTK+ work.
Note that the goal of the GNOME Foundation for this project is upstream
acceptance of the various modifications made during the project.
Please send your proposals to email@example.com with the subject line
"MeeGo Handset Bid".
to post comments)