McGrath: Proposal for a new Fedora project
Posted Oct 1, 2010 19:35 UTC (Fri) by flammon
In reply to: McGrath: Proposal for a new Fedora project
Parent article: McGrath: Proposal for a new Fedora project
Here are the points:
- Write your app using a defined standard toolkit. No more KDE vs. GNOME because of QT vs GTK. It will now be KDE vs GNOME based on different merits such as user inteface design, style, features and options.
- Save memory. Instead of loading GTK, QT and Gecko just load Gecko.
- The write once run anywhere promise is much closer to reality. Even I9 is stepping up and putting in an effort to follow the standard.
- All the major commercial players are behind it. Google, Apple and Microsoft so it is not likely to fail.
- There's a huge pool of web developers with HTML and JS skills that can now contribute to desktop apps. Watch how fast GNOME and KDE advance when this happens.
to post comments)