Making Gnome-shell the default is pure insanity (based on my experience with the F13 version)
I 100% agree with all of drags complains(especially the "Open Offi..."-crap), but I would add:
1. All the movement when you hit the windows key is highly annoying and to this extent unnecessary. It needs to be tuned and toned down a lot.
2. Scaling of windows is totally borked. My big Firefox windows should be the biggest in the overview, but atm my small terminal windows are. Stupid. It should scale more proportionally.
3. Add application icons so you tell apart your standard blank white windows.
4. Add speed. Gnome-shell feels really slow compared to Compiz or Kwin.
5. What's up with the two overview modes? Again the default one sucks. Stick to the original idea.
If I could stand using it more I would probably have a much longer list.
That said, I like the basic idea, but currently the execution has no benefits and only downsides. Add project management and a special mode for people that only use 1 workspace and things might work out.