|| ||Stefan Westerfeld <stefan-AT-space.twc.de> |
|| ||linux-audio-announce-AT-lists.linuxaudio.org |
|| ||[LAA] gst123-0.1.0 |
|| ||Fri, 28 May 2010 22:14:04 +0200|
|| ||Article, Thread
gst123-0.1.0 has been released.
Overview of Changes in gst123-0.1.0:
* proper support for watching video files with gst123
- fullscreen mode (f)
- keys (like page up, cursor left, ...) work within the video window
- hide mouse in video widget
- use correct aspect ratio during zoom
* better option parsing (--help, --help-gst, --help-gtk work)
* possibilty to disable video stream (-x, --novideo)
* indicate pause / muted state (prints [PAUSED], [MUTED] in status display)
* use GStreamer playbin2
What is gst123?
The program gst123 is designed to be a more flexible command line player in the
spirit of ogg123 and mpg123, based on gstreamer. It plays all file formats
gstreamer understands, so if you have a music collection which contains
different file formats, like flac, ogg and mp3, you can use gst123 to play all
your music files.
Since gst123-0.1.0 support for watching videos has been added; however gst123
should run fine in situations where no X11 display is available; videos can be
played without X11 display, too (-x, --novideo); in this case, only the audio
stream will be played.
It is implemented in C++ and licensed under the GNU LGPL version 2
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan
Linux-audio-announce mailing list
to post comments)